If you like to contribute to animal charities beware the flood of requests for donations. You will receive many. Today there were only 9!
1. A yellow envelope labeled “HIGH PRIORITY” If you’re against horse slaughter and you can’t bear the idea of a slaughterhouse near you in New York, It’s critical you sign The S.A.F.E. ACT PLEDGE NOW.
So it’s critical I sign? Why not ask me to please sign the so called SAFE ACT PLEDGE.
Upon opening the envelope I find that this demand for cash is from the “Wild Horse Freedom Federation of P.O. Box 1224 Merrifield, VA 22116-1224
So I’ll be rushing back my “tax-deductible gift” in a few seconds.
The payment methods are Check, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or by E-Mail.
I wouldn’t even consider giving these people my fake email address.
So, I guess I’ll be eating horse meat in the near future in New York State Mr. R.T. Fitch, the President of the Federation.
A copy of the latest annual report will be requested from the NY Attorney General’s Charities Bureau, Attn: FOIL Officer, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271
2. “Adopt-A-Pet” Defenders of Animal Rights, Inc., 14412 Old York Road, Phoenix, Maryland 21131-0025. Next time I drive by Maryland I’ll drop in to say hello. There’s a picture of a puppy with tags in a fenced in pen.
Inside the envelope is a newsletter with their accomplishments, a telephone number (410) 527-1466, the hours of operation of the shelter, and their website: http://www.adopt-a-pet.org
Of course all donations are tax-deductible, but they don’t acknowledge my gift unless I request it. That saves postage for the shelter and they won’t sell donor’s name to anyone. The usual forms of payment are accepted.
3. American Humane Association, The nation’s voice for the protection of children & animals” Holiday Card Center, P.O. Box 96005, Washington, DC 20090-6005. The favor of a reply is requested.
Inside the envelope are samples of cards I might wish to order.
4. Doris Day Animal League, 2100 L Street NW, Washington, DC 20037, http://www.ddal.org, Dod you know your hard-earned tax dollars help fund the removal of wild horses and burros who roam free on public lands? These animals need your help! You can help put an end to the use of our hard-earned money in the wasteful “management” of these herds – today!
The envelope is seal in a plastic transparent bag. They actually say to “please” sign the petition and return today in the enclosed envelope. Thank you. They also included a nice looking grooming kit.
5. Earthjustice, Because the Earth Needs a Good Lawyer, 2013 Member Survey, you participation is officially requested. 50 California St., Suite 500, San Francisco,CA 94111, http://www.earthjustice.org
Inside is the survey and a request for funds! What a surprise! Requested annual reports by writing to
Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, NY 10272. There I’ll find the percentage of contribution received by the charity during the last reporting period that were dedicated to the charitable purpose.
6, Green Chimneys, Inside : Our children are thrilled to welcome revues mules, Ralph and Ruth!, Friends of Green Chimneys, 400 Doansburg Road, Box 719, Brewster, NY 10509-0719
Of course donations are requested
7.Humane Society, Legislative Fund, 2100 L Street, NW, Suite 310, Washington, DC 20037, Removed from the endangered Species List, Gray Wolves are in DANGER(underlined) The envelop is red! http://www.hslf.org or 2202-676-2314, register at http://www.eac.gov
8. PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, 501 Front St., Norfolk, VA 23510, Last Chance to DOUBLE your gift to help us stop animal abuse! in red letter, Matching-gift dealine is October 31, 2013, Militry stabs, mutilates, and kills animals! Exposed: Goats and pigs stabbed, dismembered, and killed in military training programs! Support PETA’s Global “Stop Animal Tests” challenge. Inside a newsletter and request for donations.
9. The Humane Society, of the United States, 2100 L Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037 Enclosed is a free colorful companion animal tote bag! I’ll keep it to use for travel to put my wet swimsuit.
- The NFL Must Stop Funding Animal Testing (forcechange.com)